Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the type of mold that is found in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on pets, clothing and shoes. It is virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your house. It’s only as mold is growing in your house that you need to be worried. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the species of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be a long process. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services partnered with basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your residence and major health problems to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it resides in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your residence and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microorganisms.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in any given structure, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid in getting your residence healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold that enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is the least common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This kind of mold is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink colored and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing required to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.