How to Lookout for Water Leaks
Every building can experience water damages, no matter where your building is located. Your home can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding and storm damage. Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. The best way to decrease water damage to your building is to contact the professionals as soon as possible. Paul Davis has a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that will inspect and repair the problem.
The Most Common Causes of Water Damage
Every home has appliances that are needed for everday life. But a malfunctioning appliance can cause signficant damage. Whether it’s your dishwasher, washing machine, toilet or sink, any of these appliances can flood and cause major problems. , don’t hesitate to call. The water damage remediation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to fix any leaks and repair water damage quickly. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water lines or pipes
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets overflow
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rainfall
- Streams or rivers that have crested
Preventing Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. If you want to avoid expensive repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Here are some ways you can prevent water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them thoroughly and patch them up as soon as possible.
- Never pour grease down your kitchen sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to shut off your water main immediately to stop permanent damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. You could have a leak on your hands.
- To prevent damage to your siding or foundation, clean your gutters regularly.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to be smart and check your house and appliances regularly. Do you suspect that there’s a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Damage Repair Services from Paul Davis
You shouldn’t waste any time when the worst happens. Paul Davis franchises all have 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as possible. We offer a wide array of water remediation services, such as:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring damaged possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Rely on Paul Davis for Your Water Damage Restoration Needs
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you need water damage repair services. When you call, we’ll connect you with an expert in your area. We‘ve spent 50 years repairing water damages– you can rely on Paul Davis to take care of whatever water emergency you throw our way.