Repairing Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as destructive. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have catastrophic and extreme effects both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your home can receive serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. Our fire repair services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.